Wildlife photography takes knowledge, patience, and lots of luck. We can’t help with the last two, but this is the right place to be if you’re looking to improve your photographic skills and technique. Below, you’ll find all the wildlife photography tips and tutorials we’ve published on Photography Life to date, including detailed articles on the technical and creative side of photographing animals in nature. From the small world of macro photography to crucial tips for photographing birds in flight, you’ll find it all in this collection of articles.
- Amateur Wildlife Photography on a Budget
- Best Camera for Sports and Wildlife Photography in 2021
- Best Focal Length to Get Into Wildlife Photography
- Best Nikon Lenses for Wildlife Photography
- DX or FX for Sports and Wildlife Photography
- Focal Length in Reverse Lens Macro Technique
- High Magnification Macro Photography on a Budget
- Is the DSLR Market Already Dead?
- Photographing Wildlife with the Nikon 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 VR
- Sometimes Shorter is Better
- Super Telephoto Wildlife Photography – The Good and the Bad
- Using a Bean Bag for Wildlife Photography
- What Is Focal Length in Photography?
- Wildlife Photography on a Budget
- Wildlife Photography with a Short Telephoto Lens
- Confessions of a Deer Hunter
- How Photography Inspired Me to Love Science and Preserve the Planet
- Is Chimping in Photography Good or Bad?
- Learning to Self-Critique Your Images
- Lessons from My First Bird Photography Workshop
- Reflections On Wildlife Photography
- The Virtual Tourist: On Foot in Southern Africa Game Reserves
- When Exotic Nature Photography Isn’t An Option
- Why Do I Photograph Snakes?
- Wildlife Photography as a Career
- 20 Tips for Bird Photography
- 8 Zoo Photography Tips
- Bird Photography Tips and Tricks
- Everything You Need to Know About Macro Photography
- How to Eliminate Background Distractions in Photographs
- How to Photograph Birds
- How to Take Interesting Wildlife Images
- Nature Photography Tips
- Photographing Birds in Flight
- Photographing Birds Using Slower Shutter Speeds
- Raptor Photography Techniques
- Raptor Photography Tips
- The Ultimate Wildlife Photography Tutorial