Photo Spot Summary
Country: United States
GPS Latitude: 36.879070
GPS Longitude: -111.510391
Photo Spot Details
Easy to get to, no need for tickets and careful planning. But it does require 15 minutes of hiking in loose sand. There is plenty of parking but to get best spot on the edge arrive early. Do not rush when you are close to the edge. Be mindful of people around you. The rocks on the edge are uneven so be extra careful with your tripod. You will be exposed to elements – bring water and bring extra layers when cold.
- Sunset and sunrise are the best time.
- Sunset will be extreme dynamic range looking into the sun – bracket your shots.
- Sunset may also need bracketing because canyon will still be in shade.
- Bring your widest lens. 14mm on full frame was barely enough to get the whole scene.
- If your lens is not wide enough take panoramic shots and merge them later.
- Zoom lens is useful for capturing camping area by the river and rafters