A quick reminder to those of you who were planning on purchasing new photographic equipment from B&H. Instant rebates from Nikon, Fujifilm and Sony will end tomorrow (06/29/2013). A quick recap on the rebates programs. If you buy a Nikon DSLR body, you have the option of purchasing as many lenses or speedlight units (SB-700 and SB-910) with up to $300 off per each product. While this means that you have to purchase at least one camera to qualify for additional lens rebates, some lens rebates are significant and were not part of any rebates in the past (like the new Nikon 70-200mm f/4G VR lens that I reviewed earlier this year). So this will be a great program for those that want to buy a new DSLR or want a backup camera.
Here is the list of lenses and speedlights that are part of the Nikon rebates program:
- Nikon 28mm f/1.8G ($100 off)
- Nikon 50mm f/1.8G ($20 off)
- Nikon 85mm f/3.5G DX ($100 off)
- Nikon 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II DX ($250 off)
- Nikon 18-300mm f/3.5-5.6G VR DX ($300 off)
- Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8G ($200 off)
- Nikon 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5G VR ($100 off)
- Nikon 24-120mm f/4G VR ($300 off)
- Nikon 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G VR ($150 off)
- Nikon 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6 VR DX ($150 off)
- Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8G VR II ($300 off)
- Nikon 70-200mm f/4G ($300 off)
- Nikon 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR ($200 off)
- Nikon SB-700 ($30 off)
- Nikon SB-910 ($50 off)
Fujifilm rebates program is very similar – you need to purchase either X-Pro1 or X-E1 to get rather massive lens discounts (if you purchase all lenses, you get about $1000 off).
Sony rebates also end tomorrow. You can save up to $500 on a lens + camera body combination. It is worth noting that Tamron and Sigma instant rebates expire on Sunday (06/30/2013).