It is time for yet another awesome giveaway / contest for our dear readers and this time we are partnering up with the folks at KeepSnap to give away some amazing prices! All you have to do is submit your best outdoor / event portrait photograph and you will have 3 different chances to win prizes! If you have never heard of KeepSnap, check out our overview post, where we’ve introduced the company and the service they provide to photographers. The beauty of what we are doing with keepsnap, is that this is a combination of a giveaway and a contest. If the portrait image you submit is so good that it is picked as the winner by the judges, you win an 85mm f/1.8 lens of choice, along with Spyder5 Express. If you don’t win the grand prize, you still have a chance to win the second prize – a 35mm f/1.8 lens. All the participants will be included in this random giveaway. And if your photo is strong enough for PL readers to vote for it, you have another chance to win the third prize, which is a 50mm f/1.8 lens, along with yearly access to KeepSnap directory. If you are not interested in any of the prizes, you will have a choice to select the cash prize, which is basically the dollar equivalent of the value of the prize. Cool huh? Well, what are you waiting for – time to enter this awesome giveaway / contest!
Here is a quick overview of the prizes involved in this giveaway / contest:
The first place winner will get a choice of one 85mm f/1.8 portrait lens and a Spyder5 Express. The winner will be selected by the jury from ten nominees for the first place.
The second place winner will get a choice of one 35mm f/1.8 lens. The winner will be randomly selected from all participants.
The third place winner will get a choice of one 50mm f/1.8 lens. Also, the winner and ten runner-ups will get yearly access to KeepSnap Directory of photographers. The winner will be selected through a public poll, which will take place at Photography Life after the end of the contest.
And that’s not all. Every participant of the contest will get a promo code that provides them with a 25% discount on yearly access to KeepSnap Directory of photographers.
As stated above, if the winner does not want to select the above-mentioned prizes or perhaps has a different camera system, he/she will be allowed to take the cash value of the prize (requires a PayPal account).
How to Enter
Below are the steps you need to take to participate in this contest:
- Enter the contest by following this link and register at KeepSnap. Please use your valid email address and full name upon registration. Signing up is completely free and it’s not necessary to provide any other private information.
- Arm up with your DSLR and a smile, go out to a nice place in your city or some event, and take beautiful photos of people. If you already have some great portrait pictures from the last 2 years (last 24 months), you can use them too. With each uploaded image, valid and unaltered EXIF data must be provided for verification purposes.
- Create a private gallery (Uploads -> New Private Gallery) called “PhotographyLife” (without quotes) and upload up to five photos for the contest. You can set any PIN to your liking.
- The contest lasts 60 days. Just wait and we will get in touch with you if your photo wins one of the prizes, or take more awesome photos of people and sell them while you’re waiting for your prize.
- Photo manipulations are allowed, but must be limited to exposure changes, lens corrections, dodge / burn, contrast / color and cropping only. Heavily edited composites / artwork involving multiple images are prohibited. The winner will be required to provide proof of owning the photo, potentially with the original RAW file.
Remember that you reserve the copyright and exclusive ownership rights when you upload photos to KeepSnap. You are and will continue to be the owner of your photos.
Terms and Conditions / Legal
These Terms and Conditions govern the Giveaway by Photography Life and KeepSnap, or the Contest. The Participant of the Contest accepts these Terms and Conditions upon entering the Contest.
- The Participant shall be subject to the legislation in power of their country of residence in order to enter the Contest.
- The Contest is completely free for the Participant and their participation shall not require any payments from the Participant, whether prior or further.
- Start date of the Contest shall be considered the day when the announcement of the Contest is published on https://photographylife.com
- The duration of the Contest is 60 days.
- The duration of the Contest may be prolonged depending on the amount of the Participants.
- The prizes of the Contest are the following:
- The first place winner shall receive a lens of choice and Spyder5 Express;
- The second place winner shall receive a lens of choice;
- The third place winner shall receive a lens of choice and yearly access to KeepSnap Directory (https://keepsnap.com/directory);
- Ten runner-ups for the third place shall receive yearly access to KeepSnap Directory (https://keepsnap.com/directory);
- All Participants of the Contest shall receive a promo code that provides them with a 25% discount on yearly access to KeepSnap Directory (https://keepsnap.com/directory).
Rights and Liabilities
- The Participant accepts and guarantees to follow the rules of the Contest upon entering the Contest. Breach of compliance with the rules of the Contest or these Terms and Conditions shall lead to disqualification of the Participant.
- The Participant shall enter the Contest from the post featuring the announcement of the Contest on https://photographylife.com. The person who enters the Contest using any other means than https://photographylife.com shall cease to be considered as the Participant and shall not participate in the Contest.
- The Participants reserves the copyright and exclusive ownership rights over their photos, or the Content, uploaded to KeepSnap subject to these Terms and Conditions. Such photos may be used by KeepSnap and/or Photography Life solely for purposes of the announcement of winners of the Contest on the websites of KeepSnap and/or Photography Life.
- The Participant shall provide valid information upon registration at KeepSnap.
- The Participant shall not register more than one account at KeepSnap, pretend to be other persons, or try to participate in the Contest on behalf of anyone else than themselves.
- The Participant shall provide valid information about their place of residence and full name to KeepSnap in case if they are selected as the winner of the Contest. The Participant shall be responsible for validity of this information they provide to KeepSnap for delivery of prizes.
- KeepSnap guarantees timely dispatch of prizes to the selected winners of the Contest subject to the rules of the Contest and these Terms and Conditions.
- The Participant may use their KeepSnap account for purposes of sale of their photos. In this case, the photos for sale shall be located in their public gallery or any other private and shall not be the same as the photos for the Contest.
- The photos shall not include any acts of violence, harassment, discrimination, or any other acts of abuse considered unlawful subject to the legislation in power in the country of residence of the Participant.
- The photos shall not depict nudity or sexual conduct in any form.
- The photos shall be portrait (close-up, head and shoulders, wide-angle or any other type of portrait photographs).
- The photos uploaded to KeepSnap by the Participant shall be made only by the Participant and their use by the Participant shall not waive copyright rights and/or exclusive ownership rights of other people.
- The photos shall include correct EXIF data.
- The photos for the Contest shall be made only during the Contest duration.
- The photos for the Contest shall be uploaded by the Participant to the private gallery on KeepSnap named PhotographyLife. The lifespan of this private gallery shall be of 3 months. The choice of PIN is at the sole discretion of the Participant.
- The Participant shall not upload more than 5 photos for the Contest.
- The photos for the Contest shall not contain any watermarks.
- The photos for the Contest shall be in focus and shall not be blurred unless intended because of the creative idea behind the photos.
- The winners of the Contest shall be selected as follows:
- The first place winner will be selected by a special jury from ten nominees for the first place;
- The second place winner will be selected randomly from all participants in the contest;
- The third place winner will be selected through a public poll on https://photographylife.com from ten nominees;
- The winners of the Contest will be announced on https://photographylife.com/ within 60 days after the completion of the Contest.
- KeepSnap shall provide free-of-charge shipping of the prizes to the winners only in case if their place of residence is the US, the EU, Australia, or New Zealand. Shipping costs to any other countries shall be covered by the winner.
- In case if the winner does not reside in he US, the EU, Australia, or New Zealand and/or does not wish to cover the shipping costs of the prize, KeepSnap may deposit the prize value, which is defined using the B&H Photo Video website, to the PayPal account of the winner following the receipt of a prior written notice of the winner.
- The winner is also free to choose a cash prize, which would also be defined as stated above and wired to the winner’s PayPal account.
- The promo code that provides a 25% discount on yearly access to KeepSnap Directory (https://keepsnap.com/directory), offered to all the Participants of the Contest, shall be active for 30 days following the publication of the announcement of the winners on https://photographylife.com.
- Both Photography Life and KeepSnap shall not be responsible for any damage of the prizes in transit or for their loss in transit.