Although we have had pretty good discounts on Nikon Z camera bodies, other than the FTZ adapter, we have not yet seen any instant rebates on Z-mount lenses. It looks like Nikon is starting this fall sales season with a few Z lens rebates, as well as more Nikon Z cameras. Let’s take a look at what lenses are going on sale.
Nikon Z Lens Rebates
The first Nikon Z instant lens rebates are fairly limited, and include the following lenses:
- Nikon Z 20mm f/1.8 S – $946.95 ($100 Off) (PL Review)
- Nikon Z 24mm f/1.8 S – $896.95 ($100 Off) (PL Review)
- Nikon Z 35mm f/1.8 S – $696.95 ($150 Off) (PL Review)
- Nikon Z 85mm f/1.8 S – $696.95 ($100 Off) (PL Review)
- Nikon Z 14-30mm f/4 S – $1096.95 ($200 Off) (PL Review)
- Nikon Z 24-70mm f/2.8 S – $1996.95 ($300 Off) (PL Review)
If you have been waiting for a good discount on Z-mount lenses, these are excellent deals on some of the finest mirrorless lenses on the market today. Check out the review links to the right of each lens to see how these lenses perform, especially when compared to their F-mount counterparts. Personally, if I limited myself to a couple of lenses from the above list, I would probably grab the Nikon Z 20mm f/1.8 S and Z 24-70mm f/2.8 S lenses. But if I could make a good prime kit, it would consist of the Z 20mm f/1.8 S, Z 35mm f/1.8 S, and 85mm f/1.8 S lenses. I really wish the Nikon Z 50mm f/1.8 S was discounted though, as it is the best of the bunch optically. But Nikon is not going to put that up for a rebate, because it sells more than any other Z-mount prime.
Nikon F Lens Rebates
Nikon also has instant rebates on some F-mount lenses. Most of these are the ones that typically get discounts every year:
- Nikon 24mm f/1.4G ED – $1796.95 ($200 Off) (PL Review)
- Nikon 24mm f/1.8G ED – $676.95 ($70 Off) (PL Review)
- Nikon 28mm f/1.4E ED – $1796.95 ($200 Off) (PL Review)
- Nikon 28mm f/1.8G – $626.95 ($70 Off) (PL Review)
- Nikon 35mm f/1.4G – $1546.95 ($150 Off) (PL Review)
- Nikon 50mm f/1.8G – $195.95 ($20 Off) (PL Review)
- Nikon 58mm f/1.4G – $1446.95 ($150 Off) (PL Review)
- Nikon 14-24mm f/2.8G ED – $1346.95 ($400 Off) (PL Review)
- Nikon 16-35mm f/4G ED VR – $996.95 ($100 Off) (PL Review)
- Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8E ED – $1446.95 ($150 Off) (PL Review)
- Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8E FL ED VR – $1896.95 ($450 Off) (PL Review)
Personally, I would stay away from the 24mm f/1.4G ED, 35mm f/1.4G and 16-35mm f/4G ED VR lenses, since they cannot resolve enough detail on a high-resolution camera body. My personal favorites from this list are the Nikon 28mm f/1.4E ED (absolutely stellar lens), 50mm f/1.8G (solid and very inexpensive), and the holy trinity. I prefer the 58mm f/1.4G for portrait work compared to the 50mm f/1.8G, but it is much more expensive in comparison.
Nikon Camera Rebates
If you want to buy a new camera body, check out the below rebates:
- Nikon Z50 (Up to $250 Off)
- Nikon Z5 ($100 Off)
- Nikon Z6 II with FTZ Adapter ($200 Off)
- Nikon Z7 II with FTZ Adapter ($200 Off)
The Nikon Z6 II and Z7 II are brand new, and are not really on a rebate – Nikon is simply making the $250 FTZ adapter $200 cheaper when bundled with these cameras. Still, an excellent deal, especially for those who want to move from Nikon F to Nikon Z.