Nikon today posted a firmware update (D4 A:1.02/B:1.02) for the D4 that addresses some bugs. The link to this firmware update on Nikon USA website is here.
Here is some detailed information about the new firmware:
- An issue that caused the camera to freeze when attempting to format a memory card (setup menu>Format memory card) while the camera was connected to a network in HTTP server mode has been resolved.
- Format memory card can now be added to My Menu.
- Gamut for Adobe RGB images displayed in the camera’s monitor has been changed. This enables more vivid display of images.
- The stability of network connections when the FTP upload option is selected has been increased.
- When recording movies using a lens with an aperture ring in [P] or [S] exposure mode, and Aperture ring selected for Custom Setting f10: Customize command dials>Aperture setting, the minimum aperture was applied. This issue has been resolved.
- When a still image captured during movie recording with 1920 ×1080; 30 fps; crop, 1920 × 1080; 25 fps; crop, or 1920 × 1080; 24 fps; crop selected for Movie settings>Frame size/frame rate and Live frame grab selected for Custom Setting g4: Assign shutter button was displayed in Capture NX 2 or ViewNX 2, the position of the focus point displayed differed from actual recording position. This issue has been resolved.
Thanks to our reader Don for the heads up.