Today Adobe announced the availability of the final versions of Lightroom 5.3 and Camera RAW 8.3 (the previous version was a release candidate). A number of bugs that were present in Lightroom 5.3 have been fixed, and new camera and lens profiles have been added. No new features have been added, so this is mostly a camera / lens update + bugfix release. For those that recently purchased the Nikon Df, this release provides full RAW support for the camera! Other new cameras that are now supported since the release of the 8.3 RC include the Canon EOS M2, Casio EX-10, Nokia Lumia 1020 and Pentax K-3.
Camera and Lens Support
Here is the list of all newly supported camera models:
- Canon EOS M2
- Canon PowerShot S120
- Casio EX-10
- Fujifilm XQ1
- Fujifilm X-E2
- Nikon 1 AW1
- Nikon Coolpix P7800
- Nikon Df
- Nikon D610
- Nikon D5300
- Nokia Lumia 1020
- Olympus OM-D E-M1
- Olympus STYLUS 1
- Panasonic DMC-GM1
- Pentax K-3
- Phase One IQ260
- Phase One IQ280
- Sony A7 (ILCE-7)
- Sony A7R (ILCE-7R)
- Sony DSC-RX10
- Apple iPhone 5s
- Canon EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM
- Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM
- TAMRON SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD A011E
- Phantom Vision FC200
- Nikon 1 NIKKOR AW 11-27.5mm f/3.5-5.6
- Nikon 1 NIKKOR AW 10mm f/2.8
- Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 58mm f/1.4G
- Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR
- Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM A013
- Sony 16-35mm F2.8 ZA SSM
- Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM
- Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G SSM II
- Sony E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS
- Sony E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS
- Sony E 20mm F2.8
- Sony FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS
- Sony FE 35mm F2.8 ZA
- Sony FE 55mm F1.8 ZA
Some of the big bugs in Lightroom 5.2 have been addressed. Here is the full list of the fixes:
- Issues when upgrading catalog from previous versions of Lightroom.
- Incorrect photos are displayed after switching away from a Publish Collection.
- Catalog optimization did not finish, and was not optimizing the catalog.
- Feather of clone spots is set to 0 after upgrading catalog to Lightroom 5.
- Auto White Balance settings are not saved to Snapshots.
- Sony 18-55mm lens is detected as the Hasselblad 18-55mm lens for lens correction.
- Increased Update Spot Removal history steps when in Before and After view.
- Slideshows start playing automatically even when the Manual Slideshow option is enabled.
- On certain images, red eye removal behaved incorrectly.
- Incorrect White Balance settings applied when synching Auto WB from source to targets.
- Video playback stops when dragging on the scrubber.
- Errors when publishing photos to Flickr through the Publish Service.
- Option + drag on Edit Pin behavior is functioning incorrectly.
- Black border appears around the exported slideshow video.
- Catalog containing images processed with PV2003 were adding a post-crop vignette when catalog upgraded to Lightroom 5.
- Pressing the “Reset” button while holding down the Shift key caused Lightroom to exit abruptly.
- Output Sharpening and Noise Reduction were not applied to exported images that were resized to less than 1/3 of the original image size.
- The Esc key did not exit the slideshow after right clicking screen with mouse during slideshow playing.
- Import dialog remained blank for folders that contain PNG files with XMP sidecars.
- Metadata panel displayed incorrect information after modifying published photo. Please note that this only occurred when metadata was changed after the photo was published.
- In the metadata of exported files, the application is listed as 5.0 instead of the actual Lightroom version (such as 5.2, etc.).
- An Error Occurs When Playing a slideshow having an image Flipped Horizontally or Vertically.
- Added Camera Matching color profiles (Natural, Muted, Portrait, Vivid) for many Olympus mirrorless cameras, including the new E-M1
How to Update
Click the following links to update Lightroom 5.2 or 5.3 RC to the final 5.3 version:
Here are the links for Adobe Camera RAW 8.3:
For more information, please visit Adobe Labs.