If you have been waiting for Adobe to release full RAW support for the new Nikon D750 (see our detailed Nikon D750 review), for the new Canon 7D Mark II (see our first impressions preview), or for a number of other new cameras from Fuji, Leica, Olympus, Panasonic, Pentax, Samsung and Sony, you will be happy to know that Adobe has just delivered the final production version of Lightroom 5.7 and Camera RAW 8.7 that not only provide the RAW support, but also come with a huge list of newly supported lenses. Along with these updates, Adobe also delivered some updates to the Synced Collections in Lightroom, integrated a utility to import images from Apple Aperture and Apple iPhoto Libraries, enabled support for HiDPI displays in ACR 8.7 and provided a number of bug fixes for both Lightroom and ACR. For those who like to shoot tethered, both the Nikon D4s and the D810 are now fully supported. Another huge news is for Nikon D810 owners – the color profiles have now been finally fixed, so you will not see any banding issues when using Nikon camera profiles anymore!
Camera and Lens Support
Here is the list of all newly supported camera models:
- Canon EOS 7D Mark II
- Canon PowerShot G7 X
- Canon PowerShot SX60 HS
- Casio EX-100PRO
- Fujifilm X30
- Fujifilm X100T
- Fujifilm X-T1 Graphite Silver
- Leaf Credo 50
- Leica D-Lux (Typ 109)
- Leica M-P
- Leica V-Lux (Typ 114)
- Leica X (Typ 113)
- Nikon D750
- Olympus PEN E-PL7
- Olympus STYLUS 1s
- Panasonic DMC-CM1
- Panasonic DMC-GM1S
- Panasonic DMC-GM5
- Panasonic DMC-LX100
- Pentax K-S1
- Pentax QS-1
- Samsung NX1
- Sony ILCE-5100
- Sony ILCE-QX1
- Apple iPhone 6
- Apple iphone 6 Plus
- Canon EF SIGMA 18-300mm F3.5-6.3 DC MACRO OS HSM C014
- Canon EF SIGMA 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM S014
- Canon EF Tokina AT-X 116 PRO DX-II 11-16mm f/2.8
- Canon EF Zeiss Otus 1.4/85 ZE
- Fujifilm X Fujifilm X100T
- Fujifilm X HandeVision IBELUX 40mm F0.85
- GoPro Hero
- GoPro Hero4 Black Edition
- GoPro Hero4 Silver Edition
- Leica M Leica SUMMARIT-M 35 mm f/2.4 ASPH
- Leica M Leica SUMMARIT-M 50 mm f/2.4
- Leica M Leica SUMMARIT-M 75 mm f/2.4
- Leica M Leica SUMMARIT-M 90 mm f/2.4
- Leica M SLR Magic 50mm T0.95 Hyperprime Cine Lens
- Leica M Voigtlander VM 12mm F5.6 Ultra Wide Heliar ASPH.
- Leica M Voigtlander VM 15mm F4.5 Super Wide Heliar II ASPH.
- Leica M Voigtlander VM 21mm F1.8 Ultron ASPH.
- Leica M Voigtlander VM 21mm F4 Color Skopar
- Leica M Voigtlander VM 25mm F4 Color Skopar
- Leica M Voigtlander VM 28mm F2 Ultron
- Leica M Voigtlander VM 35mm F1.2 Nokton II ASPH.
- Leica M Voigtlander VM 35mm F1.4 Nokton Classic
- Leica M Voigtlander VM 35mm F2.5 Color Skopar
- Leica M Voigtlander VM 40mm F1.4 Nokton Classic
- Leica M Voigtlander VM 50mm F1.1 Nokton
- Leica M Voigtlander VM 50mm F1.5 Nokton
- Leica M Voigtlander VM 75mm F1.8 Heliar
- Leica S Leica SUMMICRON-S 100 mm f/2 ASPH.
- Nikon F Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 20mm f/1.8G ED
- Nikon F Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 400mm f2.8E FL ED VR
- Nikon F SIGMA 18-300mm F3.5-6.3 DC MACRO OS HSM C014
- Nikon F SIGMA 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM S014
- Nikon F Tokina AT-X 116 PRO DX-II 11-16mm f/2.8
- Nikon F Voigtlander SL 40mm F2 Ultron ASPHERICAL
- Nikon F Voigtlander SL 40mm F2 Ultron ASPHERICAL Close-up Lens
- Nikon F Zeiss Otus 1.4/85 ZF.2
- Pentax HD PENTAX-DA 645 28-45mm F4.5 ED AW SR
- Pentax HD PENTAX-DA 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 ED DC WR
- Pentax HD PENTAX-DA 20-40mm F2.8-4 Limited
- Sigma SIGMA 18-300mm F3.5-6.3 DC MACRO OS HSM C014
- Sigma SIGMA 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM S014
- Sony Alpha SIGMA 18-300mm F3.5-6.3 DC MACRO OS HSM C014
- Sony Alpha SIGMA 24-105mm F4 DG OS HSM A013
- Sony Alpha Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM
- Sony Alpha Sony DT 18-70mm F3.5-5.6
- Sony Alpha Sony DT 55-200mm F4-5.6
- Sony Alpha Sony 75-300mm F4.5-5.6
- Sony Alpha Sony 300mm F2.8 G SSM
- Sony Alpha Sony 500mm F4 G SSM
- Sony E HandeVision IBELUX 40mm F0.85
- Sony E SLR Magic 50mm F0.95 Hyperprime Lens
- Sony E Sony FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS
- Sony E Sony FE PZ 28-135mm F4 G OSS
- Sony E Zeiss Loxia Biogon T* 2/35
- Sony E Zeiss Loxia Planar T* 2/50
An interesting listing we see here is for the new iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus lenses – I believe this is the first time Adobe is releasing lens support for mobile cameras!
Here is the detailed list of bug fixes for Lightroom 5:
- The crop overlay displayed an intermediate step when progressing through images in the filmstrip with overlay displayed.
- The lens profile for the Canon EF 16-35mm f/4 would not auto-select when using Lens Profile Corrections.
- ICC profiles resulted in incorrectly clipped shadows and blacks in Lightroom. Note that this is related to the issue identified here and only occurs on Mac OSX 10.9 and later
- Fixed crash when rapidly adding corrections with the Spot Removal tool.
- Fixed bug that prevented the Filter Brush cursor from displaying while changing brush size when the Graduated and Radial Filter overlay is turned off.
- Improved quality of Camera Matching color profiles for the Nikon D810. Fixes visible banding issues with the Camera Standard, Camera Vivid, Camera Landscape, and Camera Monochrome profiles.
- Context menu (right click on PC or control+click on Mac) was disabled for images contained in Lightroom mobile collections.
- Fixed issue that prevented Lightroom 5 from reading Photoshop Elements 13 libraries.
- Cover images set by Lightroom mobile were sometimes incorrectly reset by Lightroom desktop.
- Sync with Lightroom mobile sometimes stalled when asset is added to same album on both LrM and LrD and later deleted
- Resolved issue that caused Lightroom to crash when creating a Print and saving it to a mounted DVD directly inside Lightroom.
- Publishing images to Behance using the Behance Publish Service has been restored.
And here is a full list of new features:
Updates to Synced Collections:
- Synced collections now show a more prominent share button at the top of the Toolbar. This allows you to quickly share your synced collection with friends, family, and clients using Lightroom web (http://lightroom.adobe.com).
- Comments and likes left on Lightroom web now sync to the Lightroom desktop catalog. Comments and Likes will be shown in the “Comment” panel for synced collections.
- Images with comments and likes will display a badge indicating that there are comments and a colored badge to indicate that there are unread comments.
How to Update
Click the following links to update to Lightroom 5.7:
And here are the links for DNG Converter 8.7 (ACR update must be performed through Creative Cloud):