Adobe rolled out a bunch of updates today to its Creative Cloud platform, including updates to Adobe Photoshop CC, CC 2014, Bridge, Lightroom and Camera RAW. Lightroom has been updated to stable 5.6 version, along with Adobe Camera RAW 5.6. These updates include a number of bugfixes, along with RAW support for the new Nikon D810, Panasonic Lumix AG-GH4 and Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 cameras. A number of lenses have also been added to this release, including the new Canon EF-S 10-18mm IS and EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM lenses and a number of Sony Alpha lenses.
Camera and Lens Support
Here is the list of all newly supported camera models:
- Nikon D810
- Panasonic LUMIX AG-GH4
- Panasonic LUMIX DMC-FZ1000
The list of newly supported lenses for the Lens Corrections module includes lenses for Canon, Nikon, Pentax, Phase One and Sony Alpha / Sony E mounts:
- Canon Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM
- Canon Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM
- Canon Tamron 28-300mm f/3.5-6.3 Di VC PZD A010E
- Canon Tamron 18-200 f/3.5-6.3 DiIII VC B011EM
- Nikon Nikon 1 NIKKOR VR 70-300mm f/4.5 – 5.6
- Nikon Tamon 28-300mm f/3.5-6.3 Di VC PZD A010N
- Pentax Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM A013
- Phase One A/S Schneider Kreuznach LS 40-80mm f/4.0-5.6
- Sony Alpha Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM A013
- Sony Alpha Sony 28mm f/2.8
- Sony Alpha Sony 16mm f/2.8 Fisheye
- Sony Alpha Sony 100mm f/2.8 MACRO
- Sony Alpha Sony DT 16-105mm f/3.5-5.6
- Sony Alpha Sony DT 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3
- Sony Alpha Sony DT 18-250mm f/3.5-6.3
- Sony Alpha Sony 70-200mm f/2.8G
- Sony Alpha Sony 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 G SSM
- Sony Alpha Sony 70-400mm f/4-5.6 G SSM
- Sony Alpha Sony 70-400mm f/4-5.6 G SSM II
- Sony Alpha Sony 135mm f/2.8 [T4.5] STF
- Sony Alpha Sony 300mm f/2.8 G SSM II
- Sony E Zeiss Touit 2.8/50M
Here is the detailed list of bug fixes::
- Collections with a custom sort order would sometimes not properly sync with Lightroom mobile.
- Updated the “Adobe Standard” color profile for the Nikon D810. Please note that this only impacts customers who used Camera Raw 8.6 or DNG Converter 8.6 to convert NEF raw files from the D810 to DNG
- Star ratings set in Lightroom mobile did not properly sync to Lightroom desktop. Please note that this only occurred on images that were added to Lightroom mobile from the camera roll
- Resolved the issues causing the persistent “Syncing … images” state that some of our customers have reported.”
- Star ratings would sometimes not sync from Lightroom desktop to Lightroom mobile. Please note that this only occurred when attempting to sync a Collection that contained more than 100 photos that already contained star ratings.
- Added information to the “System Info” dialogue to help designate if the customer installed Lightroom from the Creative Cloud.
- Unable to open sRaw files from the Nikon D810. Please note that this only impacted customers that converted D810 sRaw files to DNG in either Camera Raw 8.6 RC or DNG Converter 8.6 RC.
- Images with invalid GPS coordinates would not properly sync with Lightroom mobile
- Lightroom occasionally crashed when changing image selection on Windows. Please note that this only occurred on the Windows platform.
- JPEG files exported from Lightroom would not open or be available to edit within Canon Digital Photo Professional application software.
- Lightroom would run in reduced functionality mode when it should not.
How to Update
Click the following links to update to Lightroom 5.6:
And here are the links for DNG Converter 8.6: