I am putting together a schedule of workshops that Lola and I will be organizing during the next few months. Many of our readers have been asking whether we conduct workshops or not and we are excited to announce that we will be hosting a number of free photography workshops in Colorado this year. Why free? Because first, this is what our website is all about – to give free knowledge to our readers, and second, both Lola and I love sharing our knowledge and helping out struggling photographers.
The workshops will be divided by categories (landscape, portraiture, etc) and levels (beginner to advanced), so we will go through a lot of content. In addition to outdoor photography workshops, the plan is to also host some post-processing workshops, but it will depend on whether we can find free conference space or not.
Here is the list of workshops we will conduct:
- Introduction to Photography Workshop – for those, who recently bought a DSLR camera and want to learn the basics of photography (exposure triangle, equipment, etc).
- Landscape Photography Workshop – specifically designed for landscape photographers. We will be shooting on location, most likely in Rocky Mountain National Park or Great Sand Dunes National Park.
- Portrait and Wedding Photography Workshop – for portrait and wedding photographers. We will try to get models for this workshop and we will be shooting outside in a local park in Denver area.
- Flash Photography Workshop – for those, who want to learn how to use small strobes. We will go over the basics of flash photography and how to use flash in TTL and manual modes.
The dates we have open for now are: May 28-29, June 11-12, June 18-19 (subject to change).
What I need to know at the moment, is how many people are actually interested in attending which workshops. Below you will find a poll with the above list. Please pick one and vote, then leave a comment below with some specifics on what you are interested in learning.
Workshop(s) you are interested in
- Portrait and Wedding Photography (32%, 63 Votes)
- Landscape Photography (28%, 55 Votes)
- Flash Photography (25%, 49 Votes)
- Introduction to Photography (16%, 32 Votes)
Total Voters: 97
NOTE: There are no plans at the moment to conduct workshops in other states, so you will have to travel to Denver area for workshops if you are in a different state/country.