What are you favorite and / or bucket list landscape locations?
I guess there are photo enthusiasts from all over the world on this forum who are into landscape photography. I’m curious to learn where you guys and girls travel to for landscape photography and what locations are on your bucket list.
Since I brought it up, I’ll start:
- Lofoten – Norway. Amazing landscape and nature. Can be a bit crowded but it is worth it. Just stunning locations.
- I’ve only visited the Ilse of Skye but this is also a stunning location. Love the rough weather and the sublime photographic conditions it produces. Note to self: need to visit more locations in Scotland.
- Although this is island has become a bit too popular this is still an amazing country for landscape photography.
- Lake District. I’ve been drooling over this location for quite some time. Need to make some plans…
- Faroe Islands. I guess this is somewhat comparable to Iceland but still…
- Other locations in Scotland (see above)
Looking forward to yours!
Yellowstone hands down for me. It takes only 3 days hard driving to get there, but when lucky enough to get a campsite reservation or splurge on a room the opportunities are many and varied. Landscapes, watefalls, wildlife, mountains, wildflowers, thermal features, and more.
..., but when lucky enough to get a campsite reservation or splurge on a room the opportunities are many and varied.
That must be a very busy spot then! Isn't it too crowded to enjoy photography?
One of the things I enjoy in landscape photography is the solitude and silence in the early mornings
@delange The general rule of thumb at the national parks is you seem to lose about half of the remaining foot traffic for every half mile or so you hike. Plus there are hundreds of miles of paved roads and many off the beaten path dirt roads and such. So it seems overwhelming when there are lines at the entrance stations, but it thins out.
For me landscaper îs one who shoots large/wide scenes in nature(even in cities). From this point of view I don't shoot landscapes and cannot name a place or places where beauty are.I never gone in a place to take a shoot. The images appear without me looking for them. I carry camera with me everywhere (even to the market) and shoot what seems to be interesting. Thank You.