I typically cover Lightroom and Camera RAW updates pretty quickly, but this time I am a little late in the game. For those who have not yet updated, last week Adobe released the release candidate versions of Lightroom 4.3 and Camera RAW 7.3. If you own one of those new Macbook Pro laptops with a retina display, you will be happy with this Lightroom update, because it makes the interface more compatible and easier to read in the Develop module. Aside from the usual bugfixes, Lightroom got additional support for new cameras. If you are a Nikon D600 owner, you should update as soon as possible, since the release now has full support for the camera (Lightroom 4.2 only had partial or “beta” support for the D600). A long list of newly supported lenses (mostly Leica) is provided below.
Here is a summary of the bugs that have been corrected in Lightroom:
- Unable to upload a large panorama to Adobe Revel via the Revel Publish Plugin
- Unable to add a second photo to a page layout in a Book. This only occurred when the “Show Unused Photos” filter is selected in the filmstrip.
- A photo can be flagged as both a “Pick” and “Reject” at the same time when using the Toolbar to apply flags
- Using multiple fonts within the same text cell inside a Book can sometimes cause Lightroom to crash
- Exposure becomes the active adjustment slider in the Basic panel (within Develop) when moving from image to image
- Customers using Photoshop Elements 11 were unable to upgrade their catalogs in Lightroom 4
- Custom Cell padding options in the Book Module reset in between Lightroom sessions
- 1080p video files shot on iPhone 4S flicker on replay
- Leaving the Book Module after using multiple text colors in the same text cell can sometimes cause the book to be lost.
And here are the new and existing cameras that got RAW support:
- Canon PowerShot S110
- Canon PowerShot G15
- Canon PowerShot SX50 HS
- Casio Exilim EX-ZR1000
- Casio Exilim EX-FC300S
- Nikon D600
- Olympus PEN E-PL5
- Olympus PEN E-PM2
- Olympus STYLUS XZ-2 iHS
- Panasonic DMC-GH3
- Pentax K-5 II
- Pentax K-5 IIs
- Pentax Q10
Lastly, newly supported lenses:
- Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM
- LEICA APO-ELMARIT-R 180 mm f/2.8
- LEICA APO-MACRO-ELMARIT-R 100 mm f/2.8
- LEICA APO-SUMMICRON-R 90 mm f/2 ASPH.
- LEICA APO-SUMMICRON-R 180 mm f/2
- LEICA APO-TELYT-R 280 mm f/2.8
- LEICA APO-TELYT-R 280 mm f/4
- LEICA APO-TELYT-R 400 mm f/2.8
- LEICA APO-TELYT-R 400 mm f/4
- LEICA APO-TELYT-R 560 mm f/4
- LEICA APO-TELYT-R 560 mm f/5.6
- LEICA APO-TELYT-R 800 mm f/5.6
- LEICA ELMARIT-R 19 mm f/2.8
- LEICA ELMARIT-R 28 mm f/2.8
- LEICA MACRO-ELMARIT-R 60 mm f/2.8
- LEICA SUMMICRON-R 35 mm f/2
- LEICA SUMMICRON-R 50 mm f/2
- LEICA SUMMILUX-R 35 mm f/1.4
- LEICA SUMMILUX-R 50 mm f/1.4
- LEICA SUMMILUX-R 80 mm f/1.4
- Leica VARIO-ELMARIT-R 28-90 mm f/2,8-4,5 ASPH.
- Leica VARIO-ELMAR-R 80-200 mm f/4
- Leica VARIO-ELMAR-R 35-70 mm f/4
- Leica VARIO-ELMAR-R 21-35 mm f/3,5-4 ASPH.
- Leica VARIO-APO-ELMARIT-R 70-180 mm f/2.8
- PENTAX 06 Telephoto Zoom
Here are the download links for both:
- Adobe Lightroom 4.3 RC Update for Windows / for Mac
- Adobe Camera RAW 7.3 RC Update for Windows / for Mac
Additional information for the above releases is provided in Adobe’s Lightroom Journal.